Every state requires some sort of Continuing Education (CE) credits that each producer has to complete to keep his/her life insurance license in good standing. See below for what the Oklahoma Insurance Department requires.
24 CE hours, including 3 hours in ethics and 2 hours in legislative updates, are required every 2-year license term (see license term below).
Producers planning to sell the following product(s) have special training or education requirements as described below:
Special Training/Education Requirements
Annuity Training Requirement
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Oklahoma, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
Long-Term Care (LTC)
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in Oklahoma, producers must complete an initial 8-hour NAIC LTC course approved in any state.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of LTC training every 24-month period.
- 4-hour Medicare Advantage training requirement: Producers selling Medicare must complete 4 hours of continuing education related to Medicare Advantage products and plans in every 2-year compliance period where the producer has sold Medicare. This four hour training requirement can be applied towards the producer’s CE requirement.
The license term is every 2 years ending on the last day of the licensees birth month.
- Agents licensed prior to July 1, 2011 will keep their current renewal date and when the license is renewed they will be issued a license that will expire on the last day of their birth month. The renewal period will not be less than 18 months and will not be more than 29 months For example: If a licensee currently expires 10/31/2011 and their birth month is May, their next license term will end on 5/31/2013.
- Agents licensed on or after July 1, 2011 will be issued a 2 year license that will renew on the last day of their birth month. The initial license term will not be less than 18 months and will not be more than 29 months. The initial license fee will be pro-rated or short-rated to reflect the initial license term.
For more information on how and where to complete your CE credits, call the Retirement Think Tank Team at (855) 888-6494 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help answer any questions you may have.